I create mobile digital visual art primarily using an iPhone.
This includes photography and video works.
Coined 'iPhoneography' or 'mobile photography' this art form has rapidly becoming a serious medium for visual artists. I am a recognised artist in the world-wide mobile photography scene having had my work exhibited in many physical exhibitions and on-line. My video work often includes my own original music.
- March 16-26, 2013 - works shown as part of Exposure mobile photography show, CS Gallery, Columbus, Ohio, USA
- February 22-29, 2013 - One work shown as part of the 2013 Mobile Photo Awards show, Soho Gallery for Digital Art, New York, USA.
- January 10 - February 2, 2013 - 9th Annual "Snap to Grid" Digital Art Show LACDA (Los Angeles Centre For Digital Art) Los Angeles, CA, USA - one work shown (8.5" x 11" photographic print).
- December 1 2012 - January 31 2013 - One work shown (digitally) as part of The Third Wave juried show at The Garden Gate Creativity Center, 2911 Claremont Ave., Berkeley, CA and also
- December 21, 2012 – February 22, 2013 - OutOfMyMind Gallery, Goethestraße 36, Bremen, Germany.
- August 2 - August 23 2012 - Several works shown at FotoLoft Gallery, Moscow, Russia, as part of the Strawberry Fields iPhoneography show (various sized photographic prints).
- April 7 - April 28 2012 - Several works shown digitally at Orange County Centre for Contemporary Art' Los Angeles CA, USA as part of the 2012 Mobile Photo Awards.
- April - May 2012 - One work shown at The Art of iPhone Photography "MOBILE PIXELS" exhbition at LACDA (Los Angeles Centre For Digital Art) Los Angeles, CA, USA (54" x 54" photographic print)
- March - May 2012 Three works shown at the LunchBox Gallery, Miami, Florida USA as part of the "iPHONEOGRAPHY: UPDATED VISUAL DIALOGS" show (various sized photographic prints).
- February - March 2012 - MINA at Fringe, Mobile Visual Art Showcase, Wellington, New Zealand 2012 Wellington Fringe Festival in association with MINA (Mobile Innovation Network Aotearoa). Co-curator of over 400 works from 80 artists from around the world including several of my works. Video slideshow.
- January - February 2012 - One work shown at the First Annual iPhoneography Miami Exhibition at ArtSpace Gallery, Miami, Florida USA (A1 sized photographic print).
- November - December 2011 - "Snap to Grid" Digital Art Show LACDA (Los Angeles Centre For Digital Art) Los Angeles, CA, USA - one work shown (8.5" x 8.5" photographic print).
- November 19 2011 - Berlin, Germany - Several works as part of digital projection EyeEm Street Art Projection.
- May - June 2011 - 20+ 6" x 6" photographic prints exhibited in Atlanta, Georgia, USA as part of Hipstographs: Experiments in Hi-Fi Lo-Fi at Gallery M.
- April 2011 - Three works exhibited at P1XELS: The Art of the iPhone at Arty Gallery downtown LA, California, USA (various sized photographic prints).
- April 2011 - One image selected and shown as part of the mobile photography show "Pints And Pixels" for MPOLA (Month of Photography Los Angeles 2011). A 5" x 5" publication containing works from the show has been published.
- March - April 2011 - Three works exhibited at P1XELS: The Art of the iPhone at OCCCA (Orange County Centre for Contemporary Art), Santa Ana, California USA (various sized photographic prints). Huffington Post article. A 144 page publication was also produced featuring images from the show.
Magazine Articles/Published Works:
- Urbis Magazine October 2011 - features an article by Kriselle Baker on iPhoneography and my work.
R E > p u b l i c a t i o n Issue #2 - features and article on my work.
- P1XELS Magazine Issue #2 - three works featured.
- P1XELS Magazine Issue #3 - three works featured.
- P1XELS Magazine Art Nudes Issue - three works featured.
- Pints & Pixels Competition: Cell Phone Edition I, published by the LA branch of the American Society of Media Photographers (ASMPLA) - one work featured.
- I have also used the iPhone to shoot an entire album cover package for Greg Johnson's Secret Weapon (2010), the cover of Dukes' Still Life album (2010), to create the artwork for Kevin Field's Field of Vision album (2012) and the covers of Mark Valinau's singles 'Dark Horizon' and 'Simplicity' (2013).
2012 Mobile Photo Awards:
My work "Return To The Mothership" was a shortlist winner in the "Children" category and will be show as part of the MPA exhibtion at the Soho Gallery for Digital Art in February 2013.
I am involved with MINA (Mobile Innovation Network Aotearoa) which "aims to explore the possibilities of interaction between people, content and the emerging mobile industry."
In February 2012 I co-curated with Dr. Max Schleser a showcase of mobile photography and film for the 2012 Wellington Fringe Festival. Selected artists were invited to show their works in conjunction with an 'open call'. MINA received several hundred submissions from around the world. The images were shown in two sets by mobile projection on inner-city walls in Wellington and as continuous looped slide shows on LCD TVs.
I am currently working on iPhone-specific photo/visual works and available to shoot projects using the iPhone or as a secondary shooter (for alternative shots on conventional photo shoots). This includes conceptual, advertising, fashion, creative art.
I have also been involved in beta testing iPhone photography apps and hardware, most notably HiLo Lens incluidng the app's iOS Iphone/iPad UI design.
If you are an app developer and wish to make contact for beta testing, interface and practical design/user feedback please contact me.
My images are also available for sale as fine art prints and for licensing/stock photography - please contact me to make an enquiry.
In addition to tumblr you can follow me on Instagram, flickr, EyeEm, iPhoneArt and Snapr #andrewbwhite
Recommended iPhoneography sites:
P1XELS At An Exhibition - The Art of the iPhone (curated site)
Life In LoFi - iPhone photography app reviews and info
iPhoneArt - iPhone photography community - galleries and artists
EyeEM - Mobile photography community - galleries and artists
MPAs - The Mobile Photo Awards